You have been invited to participate in this survey because as a parent of a child with Phenylketonuria (PKU), you have expert knowledge about your child’s experience with food at school. The purpose of this information leaflet is to inform you about the project which this survey is part of so that you can decide whether or not you would like to take part. By completing the following survey, you consent to your responses being used in this project.
Study title: Provision of school food for children with Phenylketonuria: A parent’s perspective
Research question: What are parent’s experiences of food provision at school for their child(ren) with PKU?
- To investigate the experience of school food provision from the perspective of parents who have children with PKU
- To identify potential areas for improvement by investigating what currently works well and what does not work well with food in schools for children with PKU
This survey will form part of a student dissertation project investigating the above research question. Data collected will be used to write a report, which will also be presented in the form of a poster to academic staff for marking.
Participation in this survey is entirely voluntary, and you may terminate participation or withdraw your data at any point in time without prejudice should you wish to. Your response will remain anonymous at all times.
By completing this questionnaire, you are consenting to participate in this project and confirming that:
- I have read and understood the information sheet
- I understand that participation is entirely voluntary
- I understand that I have the right withdraw at any stage of the study without prejudice
- I understand that questionnaire response data will be anonymised
- I understand that questionnaire response data will be used in a report written as part of a student Master’s degree
For further information or any queries about this project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about how your data will be used, please contact the Data Protection Officer on email@example.com or 0121 331-5288.
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact HELS_Ethics@bcu.ac.uk.